Write for Our Blog
Thank you for showing interest in writing for the Writers Per Hour blog!
Before you send us blog post ideas, please review this page. We get a lot of submissions, so carefully reviewing what we’re looking for will help save us both time in the long run.
Guest Contributor Guidelines
- High school and college students
- People who want to improve their academic and creative writing skills
- Academic writing
- General writing tips and tricks
- College and student life
- Internships and careers
In general, the aim of our blog posts is to educate readers and offer actionable advice.
- Original, non-promotional content only
- Word count: Minimum 1,500 words
- Tone: conversational, helpful and friendly
- Write in American English
- Well-researched and supported by research, statistics and evidence
- Use title case for the article heading and all sub-headings to follow sentence case
- Break the article into smaller parts and apply the H2 or H3 style to the subheadings
- Use numbered and/or bulleted lists to explain processes or steps
- Credit original & credible sources
- Add relevant external links
- Only 1 backlink per article
Use visuals that add value, in the form of:
- Visual brand examples
Please avoid using stock photos in the article. We only accept stock images for the header image. Use royalty-free websites for stock images (eg. Unsplash, Pexels, etc.).
Submitting a guest post to Writers Per Hour
Ready to submit a guest post to the Writers Per Hour blog? Here’s how you can pitch to us:
- Send at least 3 topic ideas (+ outlines) to email@example.com with the subject line – Guest post pitch
- We will review the topics and let you know once we agree on a topic
- Draft the article with the above guidelines in mind
- Send us the completed article as a Google doc. (with editing permissions turned on for “anyone with the link.”)
- Include your headshot and bio (2-3 sentences) at the bottom of the article. You can add 1 link to your website in the bio
What happens next?
Our team will review your submission and get back to you if your article is accepted. If you don’t hear from us within 2 weeks, please feel free to submit your guest post elsewhere.